Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia Claims He 'Put Himself Through Hell' After Failing To Make Weight For Haney And Paying $1.5M Forfeit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Garcia Claims He 'Put Himself Through Hell' After Failing To Make Weight For Haney And Paying $1.5M Forfeit

Ryan Garcia insisted he "put himself through hell" to make weight for his fight on Saturday evening with Devin Haney. At Friday afternoon's weigh-in at the Barclays Centre in Brooklyn, New York, where on Saturday they will fight, he weighed in at 143.2lbs for a fight that was contracted at 140lbs, making him ineligible to win Haney's WBC super-lightweight title.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BoxingUpdates; 04-19-2024, 03:57 PM.

Went to the Mayweather school of cheating an opponent on the scales at the weigh in.
    joesaiditstrue joesaiditstrue likes this.

Comment

Rygar the is not the face of boxing he’s more like the rear end of boxing lmao

Comment

I was giving Ryan Garcia the benefit of the doubt. I thought he was playing possum. To miss weight, says it all. I didn't even see his trainer nearby during the weigh in. I think we're going to see an in the ring melt down tomorrow - like Oliver McCall vs Lennon Lewis 2 or Mike Tyson vs Evander Holyfield 2
        STREET CLEANER STREET CLEANER likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
          Went to the Mayweather school of cheating an opponent on the scales at the weigh in.
          I mean.. Floyd was out the ring for 2 years + came back from retirement. which makes sense why he missed weight.

Ryan is young, youthful and has fought 3 times in past 12 months, next fight being tommorrow. No excuses.

He blatantly just said he has a 3lb advantage too. Disgraceful.
          garfios garfios likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by messi807 View Post

I mean.. Floyd was out the ring for 2 years + came back from retirement. which makes sense why he missed weight.

Ryan is young, youthful and has fought 3 times in past 12 months, next fight being tommorrow. No excuses.

He blatantly just said he has a 3lb advantage too. Disgraceful.
            Floyd did it I think in a way to say look how rich I am, I don't even care about the penalty. No way a guy walking around at 150 can't cut 6 measly lbs

Comment

This fight is more whack than before. Devin vs a clown.
              DClefthook DClefthook likes this.

Comment

this guy is a total douch bag, he doesnt care at all, he just didnt want to make weight, he knew the fight was going ahead anyway, people buying the ppv and feeding this twat should reconsider where they put their cash i would say, its hard to support either of these two guys but much much harder to support ryan garcia and getting worse by the day

Comment

I hope Devin KOs Ryan, doubt it though. All the interest on this fight is gone. Whoever wins is getting no credit.

If Ryan wins he cheated in the scales.
                  If Devin wins he beat a Clown.
                  STREET CLEANER STREET CLEANER likes this.

Comment

so ryans excuse last time was he was too skinny, what will it be this time, he was too fat?

Comment

Working...
                    X